What to expect when you visit us
See Planning Your Project for help defining your needs and goals, what to bring to MIPoPS during your first meeting, and information about the digitizing process.
- Contact MIPoPS at least a week in advance to schedule an appointment.
- MIPoPS is located on the 3rd floor of Seattle City Hall, 600 Fourth Avenue, Seattle, 98104. Entrances are on Fourth and Fifth Avenues, between James and Cherry.
- Check in with the reception desk for the Office of the City Clerk on the 3rd Floor and we will escort you to the MIPoPS space.
- As a non-profit, we differ in what we offer our fellow non-profit clients. We are not really a drop-off transfer house. Your organization sends a volunteer or staff person to participate in the process, which can include helping decide which tapes to transfer, a discussion of how to manage the files that are provided and as much hands-on digitizing as that person feels comfortable with. We also ask that at least some digitized files be put up at the MIPoPS Internet Archive site. See Making Your Videos Accessible.
- Please see MIPoPS Guest Manual (members only).